March 20, 2020
While each of us are dealing with the implications of this pandemic in our own lives and ministries, I’ve been encouraged by the testimony of so many friends and pastors in the States who are taking the opportunity to share messages of truth and comfort from the Scriptures. And TMAI has a unique vantage point to observe the ways our faculty—and the pastors they train—are doing the same in their own countries. With a collective student body representing 75 nations, our schools are on the front lines supporting the spiritual first responders. Many are serving in countries like Italy and Spain, populations that are experiencing the most severe effects of the virus.
As you can imagine, the COVID-19 situation is directly affecting all our training centers around the world. Some of our schools have postponed classes, and many conferences are also being rescheduled. Despite these uncertain times, our faculty and students are unwaveringly committed to serving the church, and they’re eager to continue their coursework any way they can. By God’s grace, TMAI has been able to provide timely assistance to each training center by providing them immediate access to online video conference platforms. This allows for their faithful work to continue with minimal disruption—despite the many unknowns we’re all facing right now. To those of you who support TMAI financially, thanks for making that possible.
We recognize that these are unprecedented and challenging economic times for many of us. If you’re reading this, know that I’ve prayed for you—for both the difficulties and the opportunities you may face in the coming days. We also covet your prayers on our behalf as we continue humbly seeking the Lord’s provision, confident in His goodness. Here are some specific requests you can bring before the Lord:
- Pray for the health and safety of our faculty, staff, and students.
- Pray for our training centers as classes transition to live, two-way training platforms online.
- Many of our students’ and graduates’ churches cannot gather in person right now. Pray for their wisdom to care for God’s people during this time, and for their financial situation as they see immediate decreases in congregational giving. Many churches around the world do not have online giving.
- Amid global economic turmoil and uncertainty, this is a crucial time for TMAI to continue faithfully serving the workers around the world who depend on our support. Pray that the Lord would continue to provide for our needs.
- Pray that every member of our TMAI family would shine as bright lights to the world, caring for the spiritual and physical needs of one another—and of the lost, whose most desperate need of all is the gospel of Jesus Christ.
As believers, you and I rest in the sovereign power and loving care of our Lord. We may not know what the future holds, but we know and trust the One who holds the future. Pray with us that, through this time, many would come to know Him—the source of all our hope and peace—the One who is worthy of the praises of the nations.
“God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling. … Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” —Psalm 46:1–2, 10 (ESV)
Until they all hear,
PS – For those of you who faithfully support TMAI, you can continue to donate online or by check. If you give by check, please be sure to use our latest donation address below. This will ensure there are no delays in processing your gifts during this time.
The Master’s Academy International
PO Box 846864
Los Angeles, CA 90084-6864